Jun 1, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT
Who would have expected a few years ago the result of what happens when you put nearly three hundred 18 to around 24 year old college aged types in a room full of fishing gear, bass fishing pros, industry representatives from various companies like BoatUS, Ranger, Yamaha, Cabela’s among many others then roll out a legend like Hank Parker to speak to them? I mean would any of us really thought we could gather up 300 or so of this age class anyhow? This past week that was what was going on as the nations elite college aged anglers gathered to celebrate what has become a showcase of what’s good in the world of college bass fishing.
Last weeks 6th annual BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship featured a mix of anglers from schools all over the nation as they practiced and competed in the week long event on Lake Lewsiville. These dedicated anglers were there to fish and fish hard and in the end it was the University of Central Florida of Burghoff and O’Donnell who took home the national title in grand form with a dedicated grind it out win that had some late day heroics to seal the win.
After watching these guys mature and become better fisherman ever year those top touring pros better watch out as their is some new talent coming their way.
More Top Posts
- None found
- PBT: Heat rally to beat Spurs, tie series in epic Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PBT: Allen gives Heat exactly what they expected
- PST: Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in World Cup qualifying
- PFT: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- HBT: City of San Jose sues MLB over ballpark